|Km 95 Carretera Cancun-Tulum Kantena
Quitana Roo, MX 77710
Luxury, all-inclusive resort offering 280 suites located on Kantenah Bay south of Puerto Aventuras. This secluded adults-only all-suite resort provides guests a relaxing vacation with attentive service. Named to Forbes.com Annual List of Most Romantic Hotels, 2006. Surrounded by 280 acres of unspoiled nature, and a beachfront lined with coconut palms. Reef snorkeling is excellent here.
** Unless otherwise noted, prices listed are
per person, based on double occupany. Prices do not include baggage charges that may apply.
Please see the Terms and Conditions
for additional information.
El Dorado Seaside Suites is located in Kantena Bay of the Riviera Maya.Distance from Airport:
1 hour from the Cancun airport Distance from Attractions:
Distance from Beach:
- 10 minutes from Xel-Ha
- 20 minutes from Xcaret Park
- 25 minutes from ruins of Tulum
Hotel is located on the beachDistance from Downtown:
25 minutes to Playa del CarmenLocal Transportation Options:
5 (Luxury)Number of Rooms:
282 Room Category Descriptions:
- JAC - Jacuzzi Junior Suite
Garden views. Enjoy Mexican decoration and a Jacuzzi bath inside the room. Balcony with a cocktail table and chair.
Occupancy: 3 adults / 3 total
Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds, subject to availability at time of check-in
- SUJA - Swim up Jacuzzi Junior Suite
Step out directly from the garden view terrace into a lazy river which connects through various buildings
Occupancy: 2 adults/2 total
Bedding: 1 king
- BEJA - Beachfront Jacuzzi Junior Suite
First line closes to the beach surrounded by tropical palm trees, terrace with a cocktail table and chairs
Occupancy: 2 adults/2 total
Bedding: 1 king bed
- LUXU - Luxury Jacuzzi Junior Suite
Romantically decorated suites, with king size bed, looking at lashing gardens and coconut palm trees. Includes Jacuzzi for two, air conditioning ceiling fan, marble or Mexican tiled floors, private shower, color satellite TV, DBD player, servi bar with beers, water and soft drinks (refilled daily), coffee maker, hair dryers safety deposit box, iron and ironing board, umbrella, Every suite has a terrace or balcony with chairs. Located close to the main facilities.
Occupancy: 3 adults/3 total. Valid December 23, 2010 and beyond Occupancy: 2 adults/2 total
- PSTE - Premium Jacuzzi Junior Suite
This contemporary Caribbean style suite is equipped with an in-suite whirlpool, air conditioning, LCD TV, DVD player, iPod docking station, radio alarm clock, safe deposit box, and minibar (restocked with water, sodas, beer, juices and snacks). Bathroom amenities include deluxe bathrobes, hair dryer, double-sink, and vanity mirror. Pool or garden-view.
Occupancy: 2 adults / 2 total
Bedding: 1 king bed
- PUPS - Premium Swim Up Jacuzzi Junior Suite
This contemporary Caribbean style suite is equipped with an in-suite whirlpool, air conditioning, LCD TV, DVD player, iPod docking station, radio alarm clock, safe deposit box, and minibar (restocked with water, sodas, beer, juices and snacks). Bathroom features deluxe bathrobes, hair dryer, double-sink, and vanity mirror. Upgraded services include pillow menu, aromatherapy menu, and exclusive pool area with pool butler service. Terrace with access to a lazy river.
Occupancy: 2 adults / 2 total
Bedding: 1 king bed
- PRES - 1-Bedroom Presidential Villa
The romantically designed Presidential Villa features a master bedroom, living room with plasma screen TV, DVD/CD player, DVD menu, in-suite ocean-view whirlpool for 2, a lavish Bulgari amenities kit, bathrobes and bath slippers, turn-down service every night, pillow menu, aromatherapy, safety deposit box, telephone, daily stocked minibar, coffee and espresso maker, 24-hour room service, bottle of sparkling wine and fresh flowers upon arrival, premium liquors in the room , and wireless internet connection. Enjoy the large front patio with either a private swimming pool or infinity pool and also the designated beach are with chaise lounges, private beach beds, and an oceanview palapa dining area. Additional amenities for entertainment are also available, such as table games, personal snorkel equipment, iPod system, international magazines, and daily newspaper. Concierge service is available 8:00am - 6:00pm and Personal Butler Service is available 9:00am - 6:00pm. Private butler will be able to arrange private dinner in-suite or a moonlit beach dinner prepared by a personal world-class chef, in-suite afternoon tea everyday at 5:00pm, in-suite private wine and tequila tasting by the hotel's acclaimed sommelier, an aromatherapy menu and pillow menu, an aroma bath menu, preferred access to all the restaurants and spa, premium magazines and newspaper, and a limo direct nonstop transfer to/from the airport (with a minimum 3-night stay). Occupancy: 2 adults/ 2 max
Bedding: 1 king bed
- Adjoining Rooms: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes & ceiling fans
- Bathroom Amenities: Private bath, shower, hair dryer, bathrobes, double sink, Jacuzzis.
- Balcony / Patio: Yes
- Cribs: No, adults only property
- Internet Access: No
- Iron / Ironing Board: Yes, in room
- Kitchen Facilities: No
- Non-Smoking Rooms: Yes, subject to availability
- Rollaway Beds: No
- Safe Deposit Boxes: Yes, complimentary in-room safe
- Smoke Alarm / Sprinklers: Yes/No
- Telephone: Yes
- Television / Radio: color cable TV / radio alarm clock
- Babysitting Service: No, adults only property
- Check-in / Check-out: 3:00pm / 12:00pm
- Child Ages: Adults only property (18+), no children allowed
- Concierge: Yes
- Courtesy room / Day Room: Yes, subject to availability
- Housekeeping Service: Daily
- Luggage Check / Storage: Yes
- Luggage Porter / Bellhop: Yes
- Number of Floors / Elevators: 2-3 floors no elevators
- Other Guest Services: turn down service, fax services, welcome amenities
Handicapped rooms: No
Preconfirmed handicapped rooms: No
TDD rooms: No
Wheelchair accessible: No
Wheelchairs available at hotel: No
Handrails in bathroom: No
Roll-in showers: No
Bars in shower/chair: No
Shower lift: No
Alert Plus - audio/visual alert system: No
Smoke detectors with flashing light: Yes
Lamps that flash on/off if phone rings: No
Shake alarms/pillows: No
Closed-captioned TV: No
Seeing eye dogs allowed: No
A dress code is required in the following restaurants: semi formal attire, no beachwear, pants or Bermuda shorts, sleeved shirt, any kind of shoes except beach sandals.
Cocktail Lounges or Bars:
- Arrecifes -– Specialty cuisine. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chefs menu changes daily. Restaurant is non-smoking. In addition to the dress code, no tennis shoes are allowed.
- La Carreta -– Authentic Mexican cuisine for dinner a la carte. Open 530 - 10:00pm. Seating only until 9:30pm. Restaurant is non-smoking. In addition to the dress code, no tennis shoes are allowed.
- Mia Casa -– Contemporary Italian cuisine for dinner a la carte. Open 5:3 - 10:00pm. Seating only until 9:30pm. Reservations are required. Restaurant is non-smoking. In addition to the dress code, no tennis shoes are allowed.
- Klay Talay Restaurant - Asian Author’s cuisine for dinner a la carte Open 5:00-10:00pm. Seating only until 9:30pm. Reservations are required. Restaurant is non-smoking. In addition to the dress code, no tennis shoes are allowed.
- Vida Restaurant - Garden Grill & Margarita Lounge. Latino fusion cuisine, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner a la carte. Located in the heart of the hotel surrounded by lush tropical gardens.
- Sandwicherie - Features continental breakfast from 6:00am-7:00am. Wood burning oven pizzas served to order, selection of Angus burgers, gourmet bites among other succulent Mexican "botana" preparations. Open from 11am - 6pm
- Room Service – Yes, 24 hour (Restrictions apply during rainy season)
- Bar Las Guacamayas -– Bar with swings. Located next to Los Arrecifes for cold Mexican beers, cheladas, exotic cocktails or aged Tequila with tropical music under a traditional palapa. Open 10:00am-2:00am.
- Swim Up Bar Arrecifes -– Swim-up pool bar to enjoy all kinds of drinks. Open from 9:00am-6:00pm
- Bar Los Cotorros -– Bar with swings. Located at the relaxing pool across from the SPA. Open 10:00am-11:00pm.
- Guacamaya’s Loung - – Contemporary open-air sea sight lounge with a unique view, atmosphere and cocktails. Open 10:00am-2:00am.
- Swim Up Bar Gaviota & Lounge - Newly opened swim-up bar and relax area, located in the heart of the property where you can enjoy birds and waterfall sounds. Open from 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Swim Up Bar Colibri - Swim-up pool bar to enjoy all kinds of drinks, located next to villa 35. Open from 9:00am-6:00pm
- La Cantina -– Tequila tasting bar with a wide selection of Tequilas. (Inside La Carreta Restaurante). Open 5:30pm-11:00pm.
- Pool: Yes, 3 fresh water swimming pools
- Whirlpool: Yes
- Beach: Located on a beautiful stretch of beach, with beach towel service
- Other activities include: beach volleyball, aqua aerobics, salsa lessons and low-impact aerobics
- Watersports: Yes, non-motorized watersports are included: paddleboats, kayak and snorkel gear. Scuba clinics in the pool. Diving trips, certificates, rental equipment and deep-sea fishing are available at an extra cost.
- Spa: Yes, spa services include massage, facials, body treatments and a beauty salon.
- Fitness Center: Yes
- Golf: Nearby, 20 minutes from Playacar Golf Club
- Tennis: A hard surface non lighted tennis court. Rackets and ball provided free of charge from the front desk. Restrictions apply to be used at night.
- Shopping: gift shop & logo shop
Full All-Inclusive Plan Rating Gourmet Inclusive by Karisma includes:
- Welcome glass of sparkling wine
- All meals and snacks (enjoyed on the premises), with a choice of five restaurants and 7 bars.
- Unlimited local and selection of international premium brands, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Minibar with beer, water, soft drinks – refilled once a day.
- Daily and nightly activity program.
- Use of in-room safety deposit box
- Non-motorized watersports: paddle boats, kayaks, snorkel gear
- Beach towel service
- Scuba clinics in the pool
- Use of tennis courts. Racquets and balls are provided free of charge at the front desk.
- Use of the fitness center, sauna and steam baths
- Live music and shows
- Activities: beach volleyball, aquaerobics, salsa lessons, low impact aerobics
- 24 hour room service. Restrictions apply on rainy days.
- Minimum check-in age: 18
- Credit card deposit required upon check in: Yes
- Year built: 1993
- Most recent renovations: 2012
Good to Know
- All meals are a la carte
- Spa facilities on site
- Rooms are oversized with brightly colored appointments
- Popular with honeymooners who want a feeling of "getting away from it all"
- Relaxing atmosphere
- Daily shuttle service to Playa del Carmen; weekly shuttle service to Cancun (additional charge does apply)
- Adult’s only
- Upscale couples, honeymooners, weddings
- Great for those desiring a new resort in a remote, quiet location
- Remote location
- Some of the beach area is somewhat rocky
- No motorized water sports
- Adults only; 18+
- Property has rustic ambiance
- Not a traditional high-rise property - built in several buildings running parallel with the ocean and requires walking
- Not a high-energy property
United Vacations offers a Luxury program, featuring first-class airfare and luxurious accommodations, and a Romance program, featuring honeymoons and destination weddings.
Available only through the Luxury program.
Guests purchasing a package through the Luxury program enjoy the following special privileges at El Dorado Seaside Suites:
- All rooms feature double Jacuzzi
- VIP check-in with champagne
- Cold towels and beverage upon arrival
- Nightly turn down service and nightly petit four
- In room bar service
- Gourmet Inclusive dining experience
- $50 resort credit for stays of 3-6 nights or $100 resort credit for stays of 7 nights or more
Available only through the Romance program Honeymoon couples receive the following:
Restrictions apply including:
- Private candlelight dinner on the beach
- Bottle of domestic champagne
- Tropical flower arrangement
- Beachfront sky massage 2X1 offer
- 15% discount on additional spa services
- Romantically decorated suite with rose petals, aroma therapy and candles following private dinner
- Chef's special gqurment breakfast in bed morning after dinner
- Complimentary use of WIFI during stay
- One night anniversary return stay voucher
- Applicable room categories are: Beachfront Jacuzzi Junior Suite (BEJA), Honeymoon Suite Jacuzzi (HOSU), 1-Bedroom Presidential Villa (PRES)
- 5-night minimum stay required
- Honeymoon couple must present proof of marriage within 60 days pre or post wedding day. Wedding certificate or marriage license will qualify.
- Services are valid per room per stay unless otherwise noted
- Services are subject to change or substitution based on availability at the discretion of the hotel
- No cash value for unused services
Available only through the Romance program.The complimentary wedding package includes:
Hotel restrictions and qualification:
- Filing of all documents for legal ceremony
- Justice of the Peace (legal ceremony) or non-denominational Minister (symbolic ceremony)
- On-site wedding coordinator
- Mexican or souvenir wedding certificate
- Translation of ceremony
- Decoration of wedding location including a red carpet aisle runner, uncovered ceremony chairs and table with white linen.
- Romantically decorated suite on wedding night with rose petals, aromatherapy and candles.
- Wedding guests concierge
- Bride’s personal in room wedding attendant on wedding day beginning 3 hours prior to the ceremony
- Groom’s room on wedding day from 10am to 4pm stocked with a selection of beverages and gourmet bites
- Dinner reservations for wedding group up to 30 guests in Arrecifes International Restaurant
- Personalized menu card
- Breakfast in bed on first honeymoon day
- Plus amenities of the free honeymoon and wedding anniversary package which include private romantic candle light dinner on the beach for the couple, chilled bottle of champagne delivered to your room upon arrival, tropical floral arrangement in room, beachfront sky massage 2 x 1 and more..
- To qualify for this complimentary wedding the wedding couple’s room must be booked in a Swim Up Jacuzzi Suite (SUJA) or higher category for a 7 night minimum stay plus an additional 15 room nights in any room category must be purchased through the Romance program, including the wedding couple’s room.
- If the minimum room requirement is not met additional fees will apply for the wedding ceremony.
- Details on how to confirm the date, time, and location for your complimentary wedding will be provided to you by a Romance travel specialist after your reservation is confirmed with deposit or final payment.
- Only ceremonies performed by a Justice of the Peace are legally binding and couples must fulfill the required government documentation prior to the wedding date. Please verify all requirements with the wedding coordinator of the hotel.
Wedding Packages available for purchase:
- Wedding ceremonies performed by a Minister are not legally binding and it is the couple’s responsibility to get married legally in their home country pre/post travel.
- Not included is the Justice of the Peace or non-denominational Minister, document arrangements, blood test, document translationfee and any registration fees. Contact hotel for up-to-date listing of costs.
- Weddings perform Monday through Saturday only, no Sunday services.
- Non hotel guests will be required to purchase day pass to attend ceremony.
Include the complimentary wedding services plus additional or upgraded services.
For complete details see the Wedding Package information listed under the ‘Activities+More’ tab in the Destination section of our website for this destination.
||El Dorado Seaside offers barefoot elegance along a white sand beach. Recently named one of the world's most romantic resorts by Forbes, Seaside Suites is perfect for laid-back romance and relaxation. Spread along the white sand beach of Kantenah, this all Jacuzzi-suite, Gourmet Inclusive, adults-only resort blends luxurious services, amenities and creative cuisine with a soothing boutique-hotel atmosphere. Ideal for weddings, honeymooners, and anniversaries, El Dorado Seaside has thought of every detail to ensure the dream of romance.
We strive to maintain the most up-to-date information about hotel properties. However, as hotels may change the information about their properties at any time without notice, we cannot be held responsible for any omissions or errors in this section.