Canada National Car Details and Policy Information
Car Categories and Details
View Car Categories and Details
Note: Not all cars are available in all destinations.
Note: National will no longer accept a debit card or Checkstra Visa
- Valid driver's license from country of origin and a major credit card - Mastercard/ American Express/ Visa/ Discover
- Minimum rental age is 21 years. There is an additional charge of $25 CAD/day for all renters under the age of 25; payable directly to National at time of rental.
- unlimited mileage for most categories and cities (exceptions apply)
- Unlimited mileage for most categories
- Minibus category - 200 free KM per day/ up to 1400 KM per week
- Rentals originating in Banff or Jasper - 100 free KM per day for vehicles or up to 700 free KM per week
Rates do not include:
- Gas - A full tank of gas can be purchased at time of rental, with no need to refuel before returning the car (no credit for remaining fuel).
- Federal G.S.T.
- Provinical taxes
- LDW and PAI
- Additional hourly charges, drop charges, airport access fees and airport taxes may apply.
Rental Days Information
- Rates are based on 24hr clock. If car is rented beyond 24hr period the hourly charge applies until the hourly charge equals the daily rate. National allows a 55 minute grace period.
Overstay fee: If a customer extends the rental anytime after the vehicle has been picked up at the rental location, regardless if an additional voucher is presented, a fee of $10.00 CAD per day will be assessed in addition to the applicable rates.
Driver Eligibility Policy
All renters are subject to a license check. Renters are deemed eligible or ineligible to rent from National at the time of rental. Under the policys guidelines, eligibility will be based on one category:
- The status of the driver*s license - renters will be rejected if their driver*s license is suspended, revoked, expired, surrendered, or nonexistent.
- No Insurance is provided with the rental of a National Car in Canada. Lost Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Insurance (PAI), Personal Effects Coverage (PEC), and Peace of Mind (POM) Options are available for purchase at time of rental. Customer pays for insurance directly to National.
- There is a $10CAD/day charge for each additional driver; payable directly to National at time of rental, except where provincial law provides otherwise.
Child Seat Information
Child seats: Available at counter for $5.99 CAD/day with a $50 CAD deposit. A child must use seat if under 40 LBS or under 4 years of age.
Seatbelts and Child Restraints Seats: Laws require the use of seatbelts and child restraint seats. We urge you to use them To avoid serious injury or even death, use child restraint seats only in the back seat of the vehicle. Older children who do not use child restraint should ride properly buckled up in the back seat.
Airport Access Tax
- Payable to National directly by renter